Established in 1953, the Campus of Punjab Local Govt. Academy, is spread over an area of 41 acres of land situated at G.T Road Lalamusa, 147 km from Provincial Headquarter. The Punjab Local Govt. Academy (PLGA) has been steadfast friend and guide to Local Govt. Institutions in the Province of Punjab. It is the largest Local Govt. Academy in the Country both Area and clientage wise. It is designed and developed various training literature / courses and trained 0.2 million stakeholders since its establishment in diverse areas of Governance and Services Delivery. The Academy has organized several capacity building programs in collaboration with renowned international organizations such as UNDP, UNICEF, JICA, CIDA, USAID, KOICA, Plan International to name a few.
The Academy has recently upgraded to Centre of Excellence for Local Governance and its status is also being upgraded to certificate / degree awarding institute for specialized training courses in Local Govt.